THIS year St Wilfrid’s Hospice is celebrating 40 years of providing free hospice care to local people.
During the past 40 years, your generous support has seen St Wilfrid’s grow from small beginnings to supporting over 1,200 people each year in the community.
Throughout 2021, the hospice is celebrating its Ruby Anniversary by looking back on all that you have helped it to achieve and there are many ways that you can get involved.
Give back to the future
Why not give back to the future and become a Friend for life with a regular monthly donation or leave a gift in your will to St Wilfrid’s?
You could also support a day of care and know that on a special day of your choosing a patient will be receiving expert care and support thanks to your kind donation.
Perhaps you have a special memory of a moment at the hospice with your family or you can remember your first day as a volunteer. Email your stories and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or share on social media using the hashtag #stwilfridsmemories.
Join in and celebrate
There will also be many fundraising opportunities throughout the year, including the Wilfride, the Ruby Colour Run and the annual Starlight Stroll. You can also help the hospice to Paint the Town Red; you could hold a ruby-themed dinner party, organise a red wine tasting or wear red to work.
Or maybe you would like to come up with your own fundraising event. You could take on a sponsored challenge, such as cycling 40 miles, or use your skills and services to raise money. If you run a café or a restaurant for example, why not ask customers if they would like to donate 40p on top of their bill. The possibilities are endless!
Win a ruby!
There is also the chance for you to win a glorious ruby, which has been kindly donated by Eastbourne jewellers W Bruford. The lucky supporter will also win £2,000 towards a setting of their choice.
St Wilfrid’s is looking for local partnerships
Local businesses and organisations have supported the hospice throughout the last 40 years and many of these have already committed to showing their support during its Anniversary Year. Could your business get involved? Email Simon Cosham email@example.com or Hannah Hildreth firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01323 434221 for your free fundraising pack.
To find out more about how you can show your support, please visit stwhospice.org/ruby.
• St Wilfrid’s Hospice is a registered charity in East Sussex serving a population of 235,000 from Eastbourne, Polegate, Pevensey, Seaford, Hailsham, Heathfield, Uckfield and everywhere in between.
• It costs over £16,000 a day to run all the services provided by St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
• St Wilfrid’s supports over 1,600 local people with life-limiting illness and their families every year.
• All care is free of charge.
• St Wilfrid’s receives 30% of its funding from the NHS
• Local charitable donations fund the rest of the cost of running the hospice.
• St Wilfrid’s Hospice’s vision is of a community where people talk openly about dying, live well until the end of their lives and where nobody dies alone, afraid or in pain.