THIS is the post from Visit Eastbourne today:
“Following a recent makeover, Hampden Park Tennis Courts are re-opening today The newly revamped courts are looking amazing and are more than ready for your next serve! To find out more and book your court, visit: bit.ly/3h36A89
Let a summer of tennis commence.”
Indeed, but for the first time people will have to pay to play, something which has caused much anger with tennis players locally.
Here are the details: “From April 2021 Hampden Park Community Courts will become a pay and play venue.
Through a partnership with the LTA, we use the clubspark online booking system and the ‘smart gate access system’ Booking is essential to gain access to the courts.
There are a number of options for Playing Tennis at the Community Courts:
- Purchase Family Pass £40.00 Per year – the equivalent of just £3.33 a month!Thisallows for a household of up to 5 people to play Tennis atthe courts all year round.
- £7.00 per hour pay and play.
- Free Community coaching. Sundays 10.00 am – 11.30 –Comming Soon!
- Book one of the Free Tennis slots each week
- Book one of the available Tennis Coaching Sessions
Where are we?
We are sited off Hampden Park Drive, which is accessed from Decoy Drive at one end and Roseberry Avenue at the other end.
Parking is available on the road. The nearest bus stop is close to Hampden Park Railway Station a 10-minute walk away along Roseberry Avenue.
Access is via a public footpath from the road. These courts have a ramp and are wheelchair accessible.