AN Eastbourne venue IS going ahead with two live shows, despite the tough new Covid 19 rules.
Printers Playhouse in Grove Road has announced two gigs for October.
A spokesperson said: “Having reviewed all the recent legislation, we are thrilled that we are still able to go ahead with the first of our performances since lockdown.”
They are Sat 3rd October – Stacey and John
Sat 17th October – Rick Bonner’s Birthday Bash
Doors ooen at 7pm, Show starts at 7.45pm.
The spokesperson said: “We’ve also made the difficult decision that in order to ensure our wonderful performers (most of whom who have been unable to work for the last 6 months) receive the correct payment, to charge for tickets.
“It’s only £5 per person but it really will help our crippled industry stay afloat.”
There are a number of measures in place
– compulsory hand sanitising and track and trace taken on arrival
– performers and equipment are behind a large, stage covering protective screen
– all staff in full face coverings
– audience members MUST book in advance and all tickets will be sold in social distance compliant ‘table bubbles’
– table service only
– our ladies and gents have an effective queuing system
– regular sanitising of surfaces etc as well as our normal rigorous cleaning procedures
– a well ventilated room
– audience members to remain seated during the show, face coverings on when moving around the building and ideally during the performance too.
The spokesperson said: “We know that these are are strange times, but we also know that if we all follow the rules we can keep everyone safe.
“We CANNOT WAIT to welcome you back safely.”
Tickets are extremely limited so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your bubble!