IT would appear that the government may be coming to the rescue of Eastbourne Borough after all.
Last week, the club said it could collapse due to the effects of Covid 19.
National League clubs have now been told they will receive an emergency grant to enable them to start the new season this weekend.
Eastbourne Borough FC play in the National League South.
On Wednesday, speaking in the House of Commons, minister for sport Nigel Huddleston confirmed the financial assistance, but said the criteria were still being developed.
“It will be based on those most in need. It will absolutely be focused on gate receipts,” he said, adding that other sports would “definitely” be included.
We are awaiting confirmation from Borough that they will start the season on Saturday.