Eastbourne Chamber has produced an alarming report slamming our supermarkets for shocking Covid lapses.
It says Tesco is the only one doing what it should:
“With the exception of Tesco in Lottbridge Road, who were excellent, the protection protocols are very hit and miss.”
The Chamber of Commerce claims:
Some supermarket staff were not wearing masks
Some stores were not controlling numbers of customers on entry
None of them had a one way system
Most were not cleaning card payment PDQ machines or self payment touch screens
Some staff changed tills without wiping the till between members of staff and some staff had no idea of the cleaning protocols.
The Chamber says Tesco is the one exception and was excellent,
It says: “If supermarkets are enabling the virus to spread, it is our members who are having to pay the cost by closing down. To stop the spread we must all challenge our local stores to do what Tesco do as detailed below.
Tesco Covid Protocols
- Clear signage displaying rules at the entrance
- Mask wearing mandatory in the store
- Automated counting system on the entrance doors
- All staff wearing masks on the shop floor
- A member of staff in the entrance encouraging people to queue, remain distanced and clean their baskets and trolleys
- All staff were well briefed and aware of the need to clean PDQ machines regularly
- All staff were well briefed and aware of the need to clean touch screens regularly
- At change over staff wiped the till down throughly along with the payment pad
As a consequence of these clear rules, Tesco customers were more careful to maintain social distancing than other stores.”