Eastbourne unLtd Chamber of Commerce is encouraging businesses to join the government’s new Kickstart scheme.
The government has introduced the Kickstart Scheme to get young people working and off Universal Credit.
For a free member of staff to help you out of lockdown, you need to register with the Chamber.
If you have a new job for a young person and would like to apply, these are the criteria your must satisfy.
The roles you are applying for must be:
- a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement.
Each application should include how you will help the participants to develop their skills and experience (we can help with this), including:
- support to look for long-term work, including career advice and setting goals
- support with CV and interview preparations
- supporting the participant with basic skills, such as attendance, timekeeping and teamwork.
Once a job placement is created, it can be taken up by a second person once the first successful applicant has completed their 6-month term.
Please note; any Kickstart placement may not replace an existing member of staff.