AN Eastbourne finance officer has been caught drink driving.
He is Andrew Cross, aged 61, of Moat Croft Road, Eastbourne.
He was arrested in The Avenue on July 11 with 91mcg of alcohol per 100ml of breath in his system.
Cross was disqualified from driving for 23 months. He was also ordered to pay a £300 fine, £85 costs and a £32 victim surcharge.
83 motorists were arrested in Sussex during the dedicated two-week campaign, which ran from 29 June to 12 July.
21 have since been convicted in court. The remaining have either been charged, released under investigation or released without charge.
Details of people convicted as part of the campaign will be published on our website.
If you’re prepared to drive under the influence of drink or drugs, prepare to face the consequences. These could include the following:
- Killing or seriously injuring yourself or someone else;
- A minimum 12 month ban;
- An unlimited fine;
- A possible prison sentence;
- A criminal record, which could affect your current and future employment;
- An increase in your car insurance costs;
- Trouble travelling to countries such as the USA.