A Global Day of Action for Climate Justice – Eastbourne ACTION takes place on Saturday November 6.
There is a procession starting from Banker’s Corner (colourful and musical). They will march around central Eastbourne ending up at The Wish Tower Slopes for a Rally with speakers, music and performers at 2pm.
Here are the DEMANDS OF THE CLIMATE COALITION:NO MORE COOKING THE BOOKS:
– No To Fossil Fuels, Net-zero And False Solutions
– Fight For 1.5 degrees
We need real zero, not net zeroKEEP IT IN THE GROUND:
No new fossil fuel investments or infrastructureREJECT FALSE SOLUTIONS
No to carbon markets and risky and unproven technologiesGLOBAL CLIMATE JUSTICE
– Reparations and redistribution to indigenous communities and the Global South
– Fair share of effort from all rich countries
– Cancel the debts of Global South by all creditors
– Grant-based climate finance for the Global South
– Reparations for the loss and damage already happening in the Global South and indigenous communities.SUPPORTING GROUPS*Extinction Rebellion Eastbourne
*Eastbourne People’s Assembly’s
*The Engels in Eastbourne Campaign
*Eastbourne Trades Council
*Eastbourne Labour Party
*Gather Community Garden project
*SE Climate Alliance
*Eastbourne Stand Up to Racism
*Extinction Rebellion Hailsham
*Eastbourne Green Party
&Plastic Free Eastbourne
*Eastbourne Friends of the Earth.