As with previous years, travel restrictions will be introduced for the Lewes Bonfire Night celebrations to help reduce the risks associated with the event and safely reduce the number of people attending.
Road closures will be in place around the town from 4.45pm. Lewes residents are advised to get vehicles home before 4.30pm to avoid any road closures in place.
Visitors are advised not to bring vehicles into the town.
The road closures will include:
• A27 junction with A277 Brighton Road (Ashcombe Roundabout)
• A27 junction with A26 (Southerham Roundabout)
• A26 junction with B2192 Ringmer Road (Earwig Corner)
• C7 Kingston Road junction with C324 Wellgreen Lane
• A275 Offham Rd junction with B2116 Plumpton Road
• A27 junction with Southerham Lane (Cliffe Industrial Estate).
Plans for rail travel on 5 November are as follows:
• There will be no trains calling at Lewes, Glynde, and Southease after 17:00.
• There will be no trains calling at Cooksbridge after the 16.24 from Victoria to Eastbourne has stopped there at 17.23 – the same as previous years following representations and review.
• There will be no trains calling at Falmer after the departure of the 18.31 Brighton to Hastings service at 18.40. This is a change from previous years when the last train was at 17.00, and it has been made in response to feedback. No trains will call at the above stations until the first timetabled trains on the morning of 6 November. These are being confirmed well in advance of the event in order to allow people more time to plan.