Lockdown 3 is the ‘final nail in the coffin for many businesses’ in Eastbourne.
That’s the grim warning from Eastbourne Chamber of Commerce.
It says: “This necessary lockdown is the final nail in the coffin for many retailers and small businesses and will affect jobs and local families.”
However, the Chamber is promoting help available:
Retail, hospitality and leisure business premises forced to close can claim a one-off grant of up to £9,000. The one-off additional grant each business premises will receive depends on their rateable value:
• Businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above: £9,000
• Businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000: £6,000
• Businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or below: £4,000
• This one-off grant is in addition to the existing monthly closed grants of up to £3,000 per month that businesses continue to be eligible for.
• Businesses can receive multiple grants, as they are eligible on a per premises basis.
• Local authorities will receive the funding for these one-off grants next week.