The health, wellbeing and safety of all our people, patients and visitors continues to be our top priority.
In light of the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in the local community and associated increase in hospital admissions, we have taken the very difficult decision to significantly restrict visiting at all of our hospital sites.
There are some exceptional circumstances for visiting including:
- Compassionate visiting for patients in their last days of life
- Patients who are receiving a new significant life changing or life limiting diagnosis
- One supporter at outpatient appointments/scans, one on the labour ward and 6 hour visiting (9 to 3 and 3 to 9) on the antenatal/postnatal ward (restricted to two visitors in total per 4-bedded bay)
- One parent (or appropriate adult) at a time visiting/supporting a child
- Patients with dementia or a learning disability or autism, where not having visitors will cause the patient distress
- Patients who are critically ill in our Critical Care Units, High Dependency Units or Resuscitation areas.
We continue to have virtual visiting in place to ensure patients can keep in touch with loved ones.
We are sorry to have to take this step once again and are very aware of the impact this will have and will keep this under regular review.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding in these very difficult times.