SUSSEX continues to be in Tier 2 of COVID-19 restrictions, with the exception of the area of Hastings and Rother in East Sussex which is in Tier 3 of COVID-19 restrictions.
You can read more information about what you can and cannot do in Tier 2 and Tier 3 on the Gov.uk website.
During the festive period, the government is changing some social contact restrictions for a short period of time.
All other restrictions, including around hospitality and entertainment, will not change and you should follow the rules in your tier.
It is vital that we each take personal responsibility this Christmas to limit the spread of the virus and protect our loved ones, particularly if they are vulnerable.
If you do decide you need to form a Christmas bubble, you can do so between 23 and 27 December 2020 with people from no more than three households.
If you choose to form a bubble:
- you should stop unnecessary social contact outside your immediate household as soon as possible and for at least five days before you meet other households in your bubble
- you should keep your bubble as small as possible
- you can only be in one Christmas bubble
- you cannot change your Christmas bubble
- if necessary, you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble
- you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces
- you can only meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier you are meeting in
- do not meet socially with friends and family that you do not live with in your home or garden unless they are part of your Christmas bubble