Sign up to Starlight Stroll 2021 today and support Eastbourne’s St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
Here’s St Wilfrid’s:
“We are so excited to bring Starlight Stroll back to Eastbourne Seafront for the seventh year running, and we would love to invite you to join us on the 10th of July for a very special Starlight Stroll.
Join us for a summer stroll along the beautiful Eastbourne Seafront; starting at Princes Park you will walk approximately 2-miles, to the Italian Gardens, where you can lay a special lantern in memory of a loved one who is no longer with us. You will then walk back to Princes Park to receive your Starlight Stroll medal. We will be producing a special video of all the lanterns at the end of the evening, so you can see them lit up and looking spectacular!
Last year, over 500 people attended our special, socially distanced version of Starlight Stroll, and together raised over £61,000, which supported vital compassionate care for patients and their loved ones in our community.
This year’s event!
This year, we hope even more people will join us and help us to raise even more so that we can continue to support our patients and their families in the wake of the effects that Covid-19 has had on our services.
You can follow our fundraising progress here > Starlight Stroll 2021 grand total
Our social distanced version of Starlight Stroll in 2020 was a big success, so we will be implementing some of the measures from last year again to ensure the safety and enjoyment of everyone involved in 2021:
- The event will be taking place throughout the day between 4pm and 8pm.
- When you sign up, you will choose a timeslot to register in between 4pm and 8pm, this helps us manage the numbers of people registering at one time and avoid big queues at the Italian Gardens.
- Please note, if one timeslot becomes oversubscribed then we may need to move your start time – but we’ll contact you if this is the case.
- We will make clear, 2m markings on the ground to help participants know where to stand to keep an appropriate distance from others and will have clear signage at all areas of the route.
- The event will be planned to conform to up to date Covid restrictions and guidelines. Our first priority is to make sure that our participants, staff and volunteers are safe, and we will keep everyone updated if our plans need to change.
- We are not able to provide food or drink at this event and encourage all participants to bring a bottle of water on the day. There may be food and drink available to purchase at various places along the seafront, however, this is not guaranteed and will be in accordance with Government guidelines around social distancing.
- You can find free parking nearby Princes park along Royal Parade and in the residential area around the park. There is also a pay and display car next to Treasure Island.
- The route is wheelchair and pushchair accessible but does have a slight hill at the Italian Gardens end. If you’d like more information about this then please feel free to contact our fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org“