FROM NHS Sussex:
We are seeking volunteers to become Vaccination Champions to help the NHS in Sussex raise awareness of the COVID-19 vaccination.
Volunteering from their own home at a time that is most convenient for them, Vaccination Champions are part of an exciting new way of helping the NHS in Sussex communicate about the COVID-19 vaccine and dispel myths on the vaccine – in their volunteer role they might:
- post update-to-date information on the vaccine on social media;
- share information from the NHS on What’s App;
- produce videos of local community leaders for circulation,
- share information in local magazines or newsletters; and
- post information on community noticeboards.
We would particularly welcome applications from:
- Ethnically diverse communities, including Gypsies, Roma and Travellers;
- Faith groups and communities;
- Older people;
- People with physical and sensory disabilities;
- People living in rural communities;
- Carers and parent carers;
- People who live in Bognor Regis, Crawley, Eastbourne, Hastings, Hangleton and Knoll, Littlehampton, Moulsecoomb, Newhaven, Peacehaven & Whitehawk.
Vaccination Champions receive expenses and will be offered a £20 Amazon Voucher on completion of training and tasks as agreed.
Vaccination Champions will be asked to attend one 2.5 hour session on either the following dates:
- Wednesday 13th January 2021 at 11 am – 1.30 pm
- Tuesday 19th January 2021 at 5.30 pm – 8 pm
- Monday 25th January 2021 at 5.30 pm – 8 pm
We are very happy to share more with you about this opportunity. If you would like to find out more, please contact us today using the details below.
Applications to become a Vaccination Champion can be made in written form and by telephone supported by the CCGs’ Public Involvement team. Please submit your application by Monday 4th January 2021.
For further information, please review the:
Contact us today and sign up to be involved in something great for your local community and for yourself:
WRITE TO: NHS West Sussex Clinical Commissioning Group, Wicker House, High Street, Worthing BN11 1DJ
TELEPHONE: 07881 501356